Looking to increase the air quality in different rooms of your house with the best home air purifiers? Dust, allergies, germs, and other typical indoor contaminants?
You’ve come to the right place.
We’ll teach you how to find the best home air purifiers for your living room, bedrooms, and kitchen so that the air in your home is clean and fresh. We’ll show you the top features to look for in the best air purifier models that make them great for your house to help you get the right product for your needs.
What you will learn
- What are the benefits of a home air purifier?
- When to use a home air purifier?
- Coway Airmega 250 –Best for typical Living Rooms
- Puraclenz P1500 – Best for Very Large Living Areas
- TrueSens Air Purifier – Best for Large Living Rooms
- Medify Air MA-25 – Best for Medium to Large Living Rooms
- Airdog X3 – Best for Small Living Rooms
- Puraclenz P750 – Best for anti viruses
- Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier – BEST OVERALL AIR PURIFIER
- Austin Air Bedroom Machine –Best For sleep better
- Bionaire True HEPA Air Purifier – Best Budget Product
- Levoit Core 300S –Best For Small Bedrooms
- IQAir HealthPro Plus –Best Overall
- Bissel Smart Air Purifier – Most Stylish Design
- Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier – Most Impressive Filter Compilation
- Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Air Purifier – Best For Small Kitchens
- Levoit Core 400S – Best for Large Kitchens
- How to choose the best home air purifiers?
- What is the best home air purifier brand?
- Do air purifiers work for whole house?
- How do you purify a house with air?
- Should I have an air purifier in my bedroom?
- How long does it take for an air purifier to clean a room?
- Can you open windows with air purifier?
- Should I close door when using air purifier?
- Can I move my air purifier from room to room?
- What is a natural air purifier?
What are the benefits of a home air purifier?
A home air purifier is an important piece of equipment. It helps to keep a room’s air clean by reducing the spread of dangerous leftovers like allergies, germs, viruses, and other pollutants.
Allergies and respiratory disorders are well protected by the air purifier. It is mostly a preventative measure. Furthermore, this technology has the potential to help those with asthma.
When to use a home air purifier?
Home air purifiers aid to sterilize its interior by combating pollution, decreasing dust, and removing smells. It is certainly not required in a home. However, in some instances, having one is advisable. Here are a couple such examples:
- When there is a person in your home who suffers from allergies, asthma, or respiratory illnesses;
- When there is excessive pollution within your home as a result of the materials used to adorn or furnish it;
- When you reside in a building near a road and toxic fumes from traffic or others enter your house;
- When smoking cigarettes in the presence of children or those who do not support them;
- When living with pets such as a dog or a cat while there are people with allergies in the house;
Top 5 best home air purifiers for living room
The Airmega 250 from Coway divides the room capacity between the 200M bedroom and office model and the outstanding Airmega 300/400 series. This is the ideal size for a living room or a den. It can catch 99.999 percent of pollutants down to 0.1 microns, making it effective against forest smoke and big-city pollution. The washable prefilter also extends the life of the replaceable HEPA filter. And, hey, it looks like an air purifier version of a 1994 Plymouth Acclaim, but in a cool way; retro without trying to be retro.
- Activated carbon and Green True HEPA filter work together to catch and remove up to 99.99 percent of 0.01 millimeter particles in the air, including pollen, pollution, and other allergens.
- The pollution sensor transmits real-time data on indoor air quality assessment.
- Six fan modes are available: Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium, High, and Rapid.
- smart and energy-saving
If you need to purify a large living area, you’ll be relieved to know that there is one that is even more powerful.
The Puraclenz P1500 is the ideal air purifier for very Large Living Areas since it provides complete air purification in rooms up to 1,500 square feet. You can protect your personal or business environment with confidence, knowing that the Puraclenz P1500 ion air purifier will eradicate a wide spectrum of viruses at their source. Viruses, germs, mold spores, fungal allergies, and odors are all removed from the air you breathe, safeguarding you, your family, your employees, your clients, and your pets.
This powerful, effective, and economical equipment uses non-ozone ion technology to aggressively clean the air and surfaces. The revolutionary PCO next-gen cell design is effective at cleaning the air and surfaces by creating a large amount of ions.
- Ideal for up to 1,500 square feet MS2 bacteriophage, a surrogate for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is 99 percent successful at reducing it.
- Over 99 percent effective against viruses and bacteria, and 95 percent successful in decreasing harmful mold
- UL 2998 certified ozone-free ionic air purifier that is powerful, simple, and safe.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 2 Years
- Humans, animals, and plants are all safe.
- Elegant and appealing design
It features 360-degree air filtration as well, but it also includes dual outward circulation, which splits clean air into two streams. This innovative design has been shown to be up to 24 percent more efficient in some circumstances.
If contaminants are identified far away from the equipment, the air purifier will receive a notification and modify itself accordingly.
Particles must hit the unit’s sensor before changes are performed with any other air purifier brand. As a result, the SensorPod enables the Trusens air purifier to react to indoor toxins more quickly.
- 360-degree DuPont True HEPA filtration captures pollutants such as airborne viruses, allergens, and certain VOC gases
- Actively monitor the air quality in the room and take appropriate measures
- Beautifully designed and easy to use
- Clean air is divided into two air streams, allowing cleansed air to be distributed more comfortably and efficiently throughout the space
- Designed with a simple touch controls for all the function
This is your best option if you need an air purifier for a medium-sized living room.
The popular MA-25 air purifier is feature-rich, stylish, and efficient. The MA-25 features dual filtration to successfully eliminate 99.9% of airborne allergens, dust, pollen, mold spores, smells, smoke, and more down to 0.1 microns in size, and has thousands of pleased customers. It also has a sophisticated touchscreen control panel and a stylish style to match your decor.
- Filters are True HEPA H13 with three layers of filtration.
- 99.9% of particles down to 0.1 microns can be removed.
- Night Mode with Dimmable Lights for Better Sleep
- LIFETIME WARRANTY if genuine Medify filters are used at the recommended cadence
The unique TPA (Two Pole Active) technology in the Airdog X3 air purifier actively eliminates bacteria/viruses rather than passive filtering. Rather than manufacturing wasteful filters, it is a washable solution. The footprint is about the size of an A4 sheet of paper. It’s ideal for spaces up to 215 square feet. It’s a more advanced air purifier featuring a light and motion sensor. When it becomes dark, it will automatically switch to night mode and turn on the night light when it detects movement. An excellent bedroom air purifier for parents of young children or older persons who wake up frequently during the night.
X3 is also equipped with the most up-to-date FastDrying collection plates, putting your convenience first. The X3 FD collection plates are constructed of a proprietary designed material: graphene mixture impregnated plastic. It has improved conductivity, is lighter, and dries quickly. It contains an AQI sensor, same like the X5 and X8, to keep you updated about the air quality in your room. Auto-Mode automatically adjusts fan speed based on the ambient air temperature.
- Eliminating up to 99.9% of Harmful Particles, 99.9% of PM 2.5, and 99% of Chemical Toxins
- Patented TPA® technology
- The latest futuristic Graphene Material
- Annihilates Harmful Particles
- Collects Particle Like A Magnet
Top 5 best home air purifiers for bedrooms to sleep comfort
Rooted in science, driven by passion, and powered by patented next-generation technology,in rooms up to 750 square feet, the Puraclenz P750 is designed to deactivate viruses, germs, and other hazardous pathogens in the air and on exposed surfaces. For smaller environments including bedroom , patient rooms, classrooms, and more, it provides genuine air and surface cleansing. This is the finest little air purifier for people and animals since it uses non-ozone ion technology. The patented PCO next-gen cell design is efficient at cleaning the air and surfaces by creating an enormous number of ions.
You may breathe easy knowing that the Puraclenz P750 ion air purifier deactivate a wide range of pathogens at their source, including viruses, bacteria, mold spores, fungal allergies, and smells.
Puraclenz’s Next-Gen PCO Technology cleans the air and exposed surfaces in your surroundings before they become contaminated. Puraclenz cleans contaminants exposed to the air and hard-to-reach exposed surfaces ignored by hand-cleaning or HEPA filters by using air as a medium to transport ions. Puraclenz employs a more advanced version of photocatalytic oxidation (PCO), which NASA used to deliver clean air to astronauts. For more than 40 years, PCO has been used safely to cleanse air and exposed surfaces in a variety of commercial applications. To proactively deactivate indoor contaminants, our proprietary cell architecture provides an extraordinarily high density of ozone-free ions.
- Next-Gen PCO Technology
- 99% effective in lowering MS2 bacteriophage, a surrogate for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Over 99% efficient against viruses and bacteria, and over 95% successful in decreasing harmful mold
- UL 2998 certified ozone-free ionic air purifier that is powerful, easy to use, and safe.
We found the Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier to be the best for removing a variety of pollutants from the air, including dust and smoke. The device’s three-part filtering system claims to remove up to 99 percent of common airborne contaminants (one for fabric, particles, and carbon particles). It can accommodate up to 540 square feet of space, making it suitable for a family room, master bedroom, or large office. What’s the best part? Because it’s so quiet, you’ll scarcely notice it working.
- Viruses, pollen, dust, pet dander, mold, bacteria, and other airborne pollutants are all captured by Swedish filter technology
- Removes unpleasant odors. Pets, smoking, cooking, and other scents are reduced by using an activated carbon filter
- Quiet operation
- Low energy consumption
- Three-part filtration system that works
If you or a loved one has trouble sleeping, the Austin Air Bedroom Machine Air Purifier is a great option. You can rest assured that you will not only sleep better but will also breathe cleaner air. Its True medical-grade HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne particles larger than 0.3 microns. Dust, pet dander, pollen, gases, and other allergens fall into this category. The Austin Air Bedroom Machine air purifier has a five-stage filtering system and a 360-degree intake system with three speed settings for its fan. Its High Efficiency Gas Arrestance (HEGA) carbon fabric also absorbs gases, chemicals, germs, and viruses.
This unit will do the job, even if it does so noisily, with 15 pounds of carbon. Under normal conditions, the filter should be changed every five (5) years, but more frequently under extreme conditions.
Bionaire True HEPA Air Purifier – Best Budget Product
The Bionaire True HEPA Air Purifier has three filters that let it effectively remove unpleasant kitchen scents at an affordable price.
The three-stage filtering of this product makes it an obvious pick for this list.
I also appreciate how peaceful it is! It enables me to have a restful night’s sleep. In addition, the 360-degree air intake system aids in the effective gathering of air from all directions.
- Pre, activated carbon, and True HEPA 360-degree air intake system are included.
- Maximum operating sound is 30 dB and covers 155 square feet.
- 3 speed options
- Includes a nightlight
- 8.4 pound weight
Levoit Core 300S –Best For Small Bedrooms
The Levoit Core 300s is an excellent update on the popular Levoit Core 300. It expands on the Core 300’s usage of H13 HEPA with activated charcoal, which is ideal for aromas and pollutants caused by kitchen cooking.
This device cleaned our test room of all pollutants larger than 1ug/m3 in just 49 minutes, making it our top recommendation for small to medium-sized bedroom.
It can generally be obtained for about $130, making it an affordable air purifier for individuals on a budget who are concerned about bedrooms.
- In one filter unit, HEPA H13 and activated charcoal are combined.
- It has a low energy usage of 14.8 watts, resulting in low annual operating expenses of $28.37.
- Ample activated charcoal for dealing with smells and gases produced by cooking
- Its round form allows for 360-degree ventilation.
Top 5 best home air purifiers for kitchen odors
With almost 5 pounds of activated charcoal and KMn05 alumina, this is the best solution for individuals with big kitchens. It will quickly eliminate smoke, smells, and contaminants.
Unlike other air purifiers, the IQAir HealthPro Plus Home HEPA Air Purifier has a HyperHEPA filter, which is meant to collect ultrafine particles that ordinary HEPA filters can’t. This device features triple-seal technology to ensure that nothing is leaked from the filter. Individual seals are used on other portions of the purifier to ensure that it is completely airtight.
This model features a new edition fan that requires between 27 and 215 watts depending on the speed and is categorized as a maintenance-free motor, extending the purifier’s lifespan. This air purifier can offer 320-degree air and is intended to produce little to no noise and no draft creation thanks to IQAir’s unique EvenFlow diffuser. This air purifier includes a complex management system that allows you to configure several operation levels, as well as color-coded indicators that show when filters need to be replaced and a filter-life monitoring system that ensures it always has a working filter for best performance.
- 6 mo. purifier technology HyperHEPA filter is an IQAir exclusive.
- 1125 square feet Maximum room size
- 22–57dB noise level (low–high)
- Annual energy consumption: $6.96
This product may effortlessly merge into any modern landscape thanks to its neutral, black-dominated color palette.So, if you’re searching for an air purifier that won’t ruin the beauty of your kitchen, go with this one!
This device appeals to me because it includes HEPA and activated carbon filters, as well as a cloth pre-filter to keep bigger particles out (3 stage filtration technology).
The honeycomb filter construction traps 99.97% of 0.3-micron particles.
- HEPA and activated carbon filters are included, as well as a cotton pre-filter.
- Electric power source with a cord
- 18.25 pound weight
- Provides color-coded air quality feedback and has an automated CirQulate System.
- It has a sleek, modern style with four legs to support it.
- Airflow from the front to the top
- With 5 air changes, it can cover 160 square feet per hour
Unlike the other devices on this list, the Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier includes five purifying filters instead of one or two.
This allows it to break down those nasty organic gaseous molecules in the kitchen air more effectively than competing goods.
This device appeals to me since it includes a 5-stage purification system with a cold catalyst filter for effective odor removal.
A True HEPA filter, an ionizer, a cellular activated carbon filter, and an antibacterial filter are all included.
- Mechanism for remote control
- Can handle rooms up to 350 square feet
- Below 43 decibels of noise
- Sleep mode is available
- It has a CADR of 160 CBM/hour
Because of its primary air purifying characteristics, the Dyson Pure HP04 is an ideal choice for a kitchen air purifier. This 2-in-1 machine functions as a cooler in the summer, a warmer in the winter, and a purifier throughout the year. Dyson also circulates air in your house using dabbed multiplier technology and 350 degrees oscillation.
Apart from being multi-functional, the Dyson Pure HP04 distinguishes out as one of the finest air purifiers for kitchen odours since it comes with two filters, an activated carbon filter, and a HEPA filter. This guarantees that allergens down to 0.3 microns are captured virtually completely.
- HEPA filter and activated carbon filter
- Automatically detects air quality and adjusts fan speeds to make purification easier.
- Users may connect to the device over Wi-Fi and control it remotely, as well as obtain real-time reports.
- Voice command using Alexa
Levoit Core 400S – Best for Large Kitchens
The Levoit Core 400S is an excellent choice for controlling cooking scents in a big kitchen.
The Levoit Core 400S eliminated all pollutants in 33 minutes in our in-house performance test, which is comparable to our top pick, the IQAir, which costs roughly $1000.
Unlike the IQAir unit, the Core 400S has a number of intelligent features, including auto mode, which is ideal for a kitchen air purifier since it only turns on when it detects burned toast or other pollutants caused by cooking. This means you’ll save money on power because the air purifier won’t have to operate all the time.
Another distinguishing characteristic of this unit is its efficiency, since it can clean rooms fast without consuming the enormous quantities of electricity required by other machines we examined.
It’s a massive machine, but in return for its larger size, it can clean rooms faster than smaller machines like the Core 300 series.
- One filter with HEPA H13 and activated charcoal
- Smart modes, which are generally only accessible on significantly more costly equipment, are now available on this device
- Energy efficient
- Generic filters may be found for less money (about $30)
- In the kitchen, auto mode is ideal
How to choose the best home air purifiers?
The best home air purifier is the one that meets your needs and aligns with your budget. To find it, you have to rely on several criteria. The most important are:
The part of the room that has to be cleaned
The air purifier’s coverage area must correspond to the purification area of the room. It’d be even great if the device’s specified area was larger than your bedroom or living room. The purification process will be more efficient.
You may determine them by looking at the air purifier’s filter kinds. The pre-filter should catch pet hair and hair, the carbon filter should catch smells, and the HEPA filter should catch tiny particles. After that, the gadget will be able to eliminate all contaminants from the room, from the largest to the tiniest.
Furthermore, you should be aware that each sort of filter is still available in several forms. Some kinds of HEPA filters, for example, have a filtering capability of only 0.3 micrometers. Other models, on the other hand, can go down to 0.1 micrometers.
Depending on the type of pollutant you want to eliminate, take the time to check the type and quality of the filters installed on your air purifier. For people with various allergies, it is recommended to choose a purifier with an anti-formaldehyde filter.
The number and size of air inlets
An air purifier can have a single or multiple air inlets. The larger or more numerous it is, the more effective the air purification. Currently, models with 360° entrances are the best. Wherever they are placed in a room, they remain effective.
CADR or Purified Air Flow
The CADR, or Clean Air Delivery Rate, is expressed in m3/h and represents the amount of air cleansed by the purifier in one hour. The gadget becomes more efficient as the flow increases.
The sound level
When the air purifier is turned on, it creates a noise. Depending on the mode selected, the sound volume may increase. Choose a model with a low sound level, ideally below 50 dB at maximum strength, so the gadget does not disturb you.
The options offered
Modern home air purifiers come with a variety of features that increase their effectiveness and ease of use. You must select the device with the functionality you require. The majority of practices are:
– The automatic mode which adjusts the power of the air purifier to the level of indoor air pollution through the use of sensors;
– Connectivity which allows the device to be controlled remotely via a remote control or a mobile application;
– The timer to plan the hours during which you want the air purifier to activate;
What is the best home air purifier brand?
Dyson, Rowenta, Philips, Samsung, Xiaomi, Daikin… there are many manufacturers offering air purifiers on the market. Of course, they are not all equal. The brands with the most years of experience are often considered the most reliable. This is the case of Dyson, Philips or Rowenta whose technologies and know-how are perceptible in the quality of the products they offer.
However, outsiders like Xiaomi or Samsung should not be overlooked either. They may have only entered the air purifier market for a few years. However, their products can already compete with the best in the market.
All in all, the best brand of air purifier does not exist. There is only the best air purifier. And as we said above, this is the model that meets your needs and adapts to your budget. Use the criteria mentioned above to find it.
Do air purifiers work for whole house?
A whole-house air purifier does more than simply enhance the quality of your indoor air. It may also keep airborne particles out of your HVAC system, which can cause it to slow down and break down. As a consequence, you may expect a more energy-efficient HVAC system that will last even longer than you anticipated.
How do you purify a house with air?
Your home’s forced-air heating or central air-conditioning system is the most efficient way to filter household air. The filters are installed in the return-air ducting and capture particles as they pass through.
Should I have an air purifier in my bedroom?
While having an air purifier is a good idea for everyone, it is especially beneficial for newborns and small children, persons with asthma and allergies, those with an impaired immune system, and the elderly. Because you breathe the deepest in your sleep, air filters are most effective in the bedroom.
How long does it take for an air purifier to clean a room?
When an air purifier cleans a room, how long does it take? This is mostly determined by the air purifier’s settings, your existing air quality, and the size of your space. In a small space, your air purifier may take up to 30 minutes to clear the air. It might take up to 2 to 3 hours for larger rooms.
Can you open windows with air purifier?
With the windows open, an air purifier can “function,” but not nearly as successfully as when the room is sealed. Contaminants such as allergies are reintroduced into the room’s air, which is a big issue. The purifying process will take significantly longer to finish.
Should I close door when using air purifier?
It makes no difference whether the doors are open or closed. Regardless, the air purifier will clean the space it is immediately restricted to. Close both windows and doors for best efficacy if you don’t want toxins from outside sources to enter the room when using an air purifier.
Can I move my air purifier from room to room?
Because most current air purifiers are lightweight and portable, you may be able to move them about as needed, ensuring that you utilize the finest one for each space.
What is a natural air purifier?
Boston Fern, Snake Plant, English Ivy, Peace Lily, Dracaena, Bamboo Palm, Golden Pothos,Dragon Tree, Lady Palm, and Spider Plant are the top workhorse plants for air filtration, according to the survey.